DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ftwgr3/bancassurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Bancassurance in Thailand: Life, Non-Life and Creditor Insurance" report to their offering.
Bancassurance in Thailand: Life, Non-Life and Creditor Insurance is a study and related PartnerBASE dataset examining the provision of life, non-life and creditor insurance by banks and other lending institutions in Thailand.
Drawing on the results of a survey of 44 banking entities in Thailand, the study verifies the percentage of organisations investigated that distribute each of the following 13 types of insurance: accident insurance, creditor insurance related to consumer finance, creditor insurance related to credit cards, creditor insurance related to mortgages, critical illness insurance, health / hospital cash plans, household insurance, income protection insurance, investment-related life insurance, medical expenses insurance, personal motor insurance, retirement savings, and risk life insurance.
For those banking entities that are active in one or more of these fields, the reports ascertain the operating models that they use to source the type of insurance in question (e.g. external, joint venture or captive underwriters) and the identity of the specific providers used. This information is then displayed in terms of the weighted share of partnerships of these providers, which takes into account the number of retail customers of the partner banking entities, thus highlighting those insurance companies that hold the distribution relationships that offer the most potential.
Overall, in a market in which bancassurance claims a distribution share of about 36% in life insurance and 14% in non-life insurance, across the 44 banks and other lending institutions researched in Thailand, Finaccord's research identified 165 bancassurance distribution initiatives for the various types of insurance investigated.
Reasons To Buy
- gain access to a source of information that provides a comprehensive overview of the provision of personal insurance products by all significant banking entities in Thailand;
- identify partnership opportunities for the same personal insurance products that may arise either because a banking institution is not currently active or because there is scope for replacing an existing initiative;
- understand which underwriters and other product providers have been successful in establishing distribution relationships with the most important banking entities in Thailand;
- assess how the evolving regulatory environment may open up or block opportunities for your organisation to sell through the bank distribution channel;
- appreciate the magnitude of the opportunity to sell personal insurance products through banks and other lending institutions in Thailand.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ftwgr3/bancassurance_in
Source: Research and Markets