DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lxxsr3/pharmapoint) has announced the addition of the "PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022" report to their offering.
The recent approvals of second-line metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) therapies like J&J's Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) and Medivation/Astellas' Xtandi (enzalutamide) will drive strong market growth over the next decade. These safe and orally administered treatments will provide safety and convenience benefits over the current standard of care, chemotherapy with docetaxel, while prolonging the overall survival of patients with mCRPC. The December 12, 2012 FDA approval of Zytiga for the added indication of chemotherapy-naïve mCRPC marks the onset of a new treatment paradigm for the disease, in which chemotherapy is relegated to second-line therapy and beyond. For patients with earlier-stage prostate cancer, androgen deprivation therapy with LHRH agonists and first-generation antiandrogens remains the standard of care for suppressing testosterone levels and temporarily controlling the disease.
The PSA blood test and DREs are the most popular diagnostic tests for prostate cancer in Spain. PSA testing is also commonly used to monitor disease progression. Suspected disease is confirmed by TRUS-guided core needle biopsy, and metastases are identified using bone scans or CT scans (EAU, 2012). Our primary research indicates that Spanish urologists and medical oncologists may slightly decrease their use of routine PSA screening to diagnose asymptomatic patients in response to the recent USPSTF recommendation against its use. As routine PSA screening is less frequently employed in Spain than in the US, and the USPSTF recommendation was not directed towards Spanish physicians, GlobalData believes that only a very small percentage of Spanish physicians will abide by this recommendation.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Spain including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Spain from 2012 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Spain Prostate cancer market.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Prostate cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Prostate cancer drug performance in Spain
- Obtain sales forecast from 2012-2022 in Spain
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lxxsr3/pharmapoint
Source: Research and Markets