DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z3t8zk/indian_poultry) has announced the addition of the "Indian Poultry and Red Meat Market: An Analysis" report to their offering.
The Indian meat industry is mostly based on production of fresh meat which is produced and sold daily. Frozen meat is mostly exported. India has a large resource of animal casings and other by-products. The meat production in the country grew at a healthy pace over the period 2006-07 to 2012-13 and India is now the second largest exporter of buffalo meat in the world. Poultry meat is the largest sub-sector with almost half share of total meat production in 2012-13 followed by beef/buffalo meat, goat meat, pork, sheep meat/lamb and cattle meat. Among the Indian states, Uttar Pradesh (UP) is the largest meat producer followed by Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
Sustained income and economic growth, a fast-growing urban population, burgeoning middle income class, changing lifestyles, improvement in transportation and storage practices and rise of supermarkets especially in cities and towns are fuelling rapid increases in consumption of animal food products.
There are about 27 integrated modern meat processing plants approved for export of meat and all Export Oriented Units (EOU) are registered with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) of the Government of India after due inspection.
The Report titled Indian Poultry and Red Meat Market: An Analysis provides an insight into overall meat sector over the years with a special focus on major categories- poultry, pork, beef, mutton, sheep etc. The report includes detailed information on production, average annual yield, channels of distribution and import & export trends in meat sector. Various regulations and laws in relation to import of livestock into India are also discussed in detail in the study.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Current Status of Indian Livestock Sector
3. Indian Meat Sector
4. Indian Poultry Meat Market: Production and Trade Analysis
5. Indian Beef (Buffalo Meat): Production and Trade Analysis
6. Indian Goat Meat Market: Production and Trade Analysis
7. Indian Pork Market: Production and Trade Analysis
8. Indian Sheep Meat Market: Production and Yield
9. Indian Cattle Meat Market: Production and Yield
10. Production and Processing of Meat
11. Regulations for Meat Exports
12. Meat Import Policy
13. Indian Poultry and Red Meat Market: Growth Drivers
14. Indian Poultry and Red Meat Market: Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z3t8zk/indian_poultry
Source: Research and Markets