DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mgnq3p/pharmapoint) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "PharmaPoint: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis Event-Driven Update" to their offering.
The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizer's Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lilly's anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZ's SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Spanish physicians that we surveyed follow guidelines such as EULAR or ACR, but also follow their own clinical experience, and treat patients on a case-by-case basis. In Spain, diagnosis of mild RA begins with the PCP or other specialists, then progresses to referral to a rheumatologist. Between 19- 25% of referrals to a rheumatologist may also stem from an orthopedic surgeon regardless of disease stage. Most people seeking treatment are aged 36-55 for females and 55 years and older for males.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Spain including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Spain from 2011 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Spain rheumatoid arthritis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of rheumatoid arthritis drug performance in Spain
- Obtain sales forecast from 2011-2022 in Spain
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mgnq3p/pharmapoint
Source: Research and Markets