DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4m85pq/self_build) has announced the addition of the "Self Build Housing Market Report - UK 2014-2018 Analysis" report to their offering.
This report represents an informed review of this changing £3+ billion market.
Just how big is the self build market and what are its prospects in the medium term? While there are various estimates of the sector, this updated 2014 edition provides a detailed evaluation of self build to assess market volumes, structure and trends. Self build has risen up the political agenda with the Chancellor reinforcing in the 2014 budget a Government target to increase output by 100% over the next decade - but is this realistic?
Key areas covered include:
- Self-Build Housing Market - Market size by Volume and Value, Historical Trends, Sector Shares, Major Regional Variations etc.
- Build Options - Timber Frame, Traditional Brick/Block, Kits, Cost Structures (Materials mix etc.).
- Supply Structure - Key players, kit suppliers etc.
- Distribution of Products - Channel shares, review of Builders Merchants, Electrical Wholesalers, Specialist Retailers, Direct Sell, Internet, DIY, Self Build Specialists etc.
- Forecasts - alternative growth scenarios.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Review of self build in 2010-2013 - market volumes, trends overall market value, national/regional trends, private/social - forecasts of developments.
- Driving and limiting factors to growth - land availability, funding etc - changes in Government policies/attitudes towards self build.
- Material mix - value mix by key materials.
- Key suppliers and distribution channels.
- Prospects for 2014 and through to 2021 - Government targets - are they realistic?
Key areas of coverage in the report include:
- Evaluation of market size - current estimates, definitions, factors influencing definition and range of self build'.
- Market size in value and volume terms 2008-13 and forecasts through to 2021 - Government targets and alternative forecasts based on this.
- Share of self build - total housing market, detached dwellings market in UK.
- Underlying influencing factors in recent years. Key trends, are they likely to continue? - key positive and negative influencing factors.
- Government policies - rise of self build up the political agenda - funding support, planning system changes, land allocation by councils, Right to Buy etc.
- Current situation - factors influencing market in 2010-13, impact of current climate, prospects for the next 3-4 years. Limiting factors to growth - land availability, funding etc.
- Timber Frame Vs Brick / Block - Share by volume in 2013, overview of timber frame market (share by self build, private, social mix), kit-form models, key influences on choice, likely future prospects.
- International comparisons - share of self build market in key countries.
- Private and Social Self-build Sectors - Share mix, trends and key characteristics.
- Regional Variations in Self-Build - major differences in Self-Build between geographical regions - England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland - and by English regions.
Key Topics Covered:
2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
4. OVERALL HOUSEBUILDING MARKET
5. MARKET INFLUENCES
6. SELF-BUILD MARKET IN THE UK
7. SELF-BUILD MARKET - DISTRIBUTION AND SUPPLY
- Allwood Timber
- Benfield ATT
- Border Oak
- Carpenter Oak and Woodland
- CB Homes
- Design and Materials
- Falshaw Homes
- Fleming Homes
- Frame UK
- Maple Timber Frame
- Neatwood Homes
- Perran Trusses
- Potton Homes
- Scandia Hus
- Swedish House Company
- Taylor Lane Timber Frame
- The Timber Frame Company
- Welsh Oak
- Weststructure Timber Frame
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4m85pq/self_build