TM Forum members champion rapid prototyping projects to take on challenges of transforming to a digital business, including: AT&T, BT, China Mobile, Cox Communications, Orange, Reliance Communications, Saudi Telecom Co., Telecom Italia, TELUS, among others
MORRISTOWN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- As companies around the world address the business and operational challenges of digital service delivery, TM Forum focuses on helping global enterprises, service providers and suppliers transform to become a digital business through its renowned Catalyst demonstration projects featured at TM Forum Live! events.
The 15 Catalysts showcased at TM Forum Live! (June 2-5 in Nice, France) demonstrate how TM Forum’s member community is driving the digital economy to create innovative solutions to common challenges in virtualization, digital health, cyber security, data monetization, customer experience, cloud computing, Internet of things and more. Some of the world’s largest service providers are involved in the projects, including: AT&T, BT, China Mobile, Cox Communications, Orange, Reliance Communications, Saudi Telecom Co., Telecom Italia, TELUS, among others.
TM Forum’s Catalyst projects are rapid collaboration projects driven by Forum member companies. In less than six months, members work together to create proof-of-concept solutions for today’s most pressing business, operational and IT challenges. Their work ultimately develops and enhances the Forum’s Frameworx suite of best practices and standards, helping the Forum’s 900-plus members reduce cost, risk and time-to-market.
TM Forum Live! features 15 Catalyst projects in The Hub, the place to explore everything the Forum has to offer. Within The Hub, attendees can network with TM Forum’s member community, and see breakthrough demonstrations and the latest work underway at the Forum.
“Our unique Catalyst program delivers real-world solutions to the challenges global enterprises and service providers face when transforming their businesses to meet the demands of the digital world,” said Nik Willetts, chief strategy officer, TM Forum. “Because the Forum takes a practical, proof-of-concept approach combined with agile collaborative techniques, we can solve common challenges in record time. The projects demonstrated at this year’s TM Forum Live! prove the power of our member community, industry collaboration and its ability to deliver rapid, innovative solutions.”
TM Forum Live! Catalyst projects are as follows:
- Closing the Loop: Data-Driven Network Performance Optimization for Self-Optimizing Networks (SON) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) – This Catalyst uses TM Forum’s Performance Management Interface and European Telecommunications Standards Institute’s (ETSI) NFV orchestration and 3rd Generation Partnership Project SON scenarios to build a closed loop using network key performance indicators, such as customer experience, performance and service quality data, to enable network changes, optimization and self-healing.
Champions: Reliance Communications, Telecom Italia
Participants: Mycom, TEOCO, Wipro
- CloudNFVTM: Adaptive Management Built on Frameworx – This project shows how TM Forum’s Information Framework (SID) and Business Services Suite can be enhanced to make processes dynamic and event-driven to enable zero-touch orchestration and unified management.
Champions: AT&T, BT, Orange
Participants: Enterprise Web, Huawei
- NFV Management Ecosystem – This project uses an implementation of management and orchestration (MANO) as defined by the ETSI NFV Industry Specification Group as the platform to demonstrate real-time, dynamic management of capacity, performance, quality of service and SLAs, as well as enabling real-time billing and compensation.
Champions: AT&T, Telecom Italia
Participants: DigitalWave, Resolvetel, SunTec Business Solutions, Svarog Technology Group
- Orchestrating Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and NFV while Enforcing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) over Wide Area Networks (WANs) – This Catalyst demonstrates the use of a cloud orchestrator with OpenStack integration to provision a virtualized network topology while monitoring and enforcing SLAs via SDN-OpenFlow across a legacy multiprotocol label switched WAN. In partnership with the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA), this project serves as a proof of concept of ODCA’s Master Usage Model which was recently revised to include NFV.
Champions: AT&T, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Service Bundling in a B2B2X Marketplace – This Catalyst uses established ebXML interfaces and newly-added REST APIs to show how a buyer can bundle a collection of services sourced from different suppliers, such as traditional network access products, as well as NFV and infrastructure as a service products, and deliver them seamlessly to a customer.
- Advancing the Customer Digital Footprint – This project demonstrates the use of the recently developed Over-The-Top (OTT) Connect application programming interface (API) to facilitate collection and correlation of service provider and OTT provider data in a unified environment, enabling tailored offers and more.
- Big Data, Big Profits: Harnessing the Power of Analytics – This team shows how organizations can harness the power of big data analytics to improve customer experience and achieve business growth by proving out best practices from TM Forum’s Big Data Analytics Guidebook using multiple commercial products to implement solutions.
Champions: China Mobile, MTS Allstream, Orange, Robi Axiata, Saudi Telecom Co.
Participants: cVidya Networks, Huawei, NetCracker Technology, WeDo Technologies
- Capital Asset Management Catalyst – This Catalyst demonstrates a comprehensive, repeatable and scalable approach to understand and effectively manage all facets of network asset management, including procurement, consumption, rate of change and retirement.
- Mission Critical Business Services in the Cloud – This project illustrates how modern corporations will access mission-critical business processes in the cloud, and access many core business functions that will require highly reliable and secure clouds, a new development in the use of clouds.
Champion: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Product Lifecycle Management for Cable: On the Road to Agile – As cable providers continue to accelerate the deployment of enhanced service offerings, embrace new technology initiatives, and deploy services to more regions, the need for cross functional agile processes become more and more critical. This Catalyst explores mapping key Frameworx business processes to formalized validation and troubleshooting automation tests, enabling more agile end-to-end business processes.
Champion: Cox Communications
- Small Business, Big Opportunity: Small/Medium Business Solutions for the Connected World – This demonstration explores how to provide an intuitive, accurate and fully integrated self-service solutions for management of this segment’s services and users to enable continued rapid growth in this sector.
Champions: Orange, TELUS
Participants: Amdocs, Microsoft
Internet of Things
- Connected Mobile Workforce: The Front Line of Customer Engagement – This project extends Frameworx best practices to explore repeatable methods for mobile workforce management to maximize productive, minimize costs and enhance customer experience.
Participant: TOA Technologies
- Digital Health: Curing the Complexity – This project takes service activation, deployment and assurance best practices from the communications industry and applies them to digital health service management. It provides a converged view across communications providers and healthcare providers using a Frameworx-based toolkit to accelerate integration of these industries.
Champions: Deutsche Telekom, Orange
Participants: BaseN, Detecon, Ericsson, ISPM, TOA Technologies
- The Privacy Triad: Balancing Legal, Commercial and Ethical Considerations – This Catalyst supports the privacy aspects of the smart energy, digital health and connected mobile workforce projects, and explores the risks and opportunities associated with privacy in these scenarios.
Participants: Birmingham City University, TOA Technologies
- Smart Energy: Managing the Digital Handshake – Smart energy technologies continue to be introduced at a rapid pace by the global energy industry in a diverse set of environments – from smart homes to smart cities to smart energy services. This Catalyst uses TM Forum APIs and Frameworx concepts to showcases end-to-end flows across energy and utilities management scenarios, such as response to a widespread outage due to natural disaster.
Champions: BC Hydro, BT, Hydro-Quebec, Salzburg AG
Participants: BaseN, ESRI, Infonova, TOA Technologies
These 15 Catalyst projects are just a few examples of how TM Forum brings together forward-thinking members into a tight community that helps them succeed in the digital world. Catalysts projects at TM Forum Live! are eligible for three awards: The Most Innovative Catalyst, The Catalyst with Most Significant Contribution to Frameworx, and The Catalyst Demonstrating the Greatest Adoption of Frameworx. These awards are presented on-site at TM Forum Live! on Thursday, June 5.
To learn more about TM Forum’s Catalyst Program or get involved in future Catalyst activities, please contact Megan Lunde, Catalyst Program project manager, TM Forum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TM Forum Live! brings together all the elements of TM Forum’s focus on leading the successful transformation of service providers and enterprises to succeed in the digital world. TM Forum Live! in Nice, France, is the Forum’s flagship event and features its industry-leading Excellence Awards. TM Forum Live! Becoming an Agile, Super-effective Business is planned for Sept. 2-3, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. TM Forum Live! Digital Disruption is slated for Dec. 8-10, in San Jose, Calif.
Early bird pricing for TM Forum Live! ends May 9th. Register today to receive maximum savings.
About TM Forum
TM Forum is a global trade association trusted by the world’s largest enterprises, service providers and suppliers to help them continuously transform to succeed in the digital economy. We help our members reduce costs and risks, improve business agility and grow their business through a wealth of knowledge, tools, standards, training and practical advice.
We bring together more than 85,000 professionals from 900+ member companies to share experiences, collaborate and rapidly solve critical business challenges including IT transformation, business process optimization, big data analytics, cloud management, customer experience management and cyber security. Our three strategic programs—Agile Business and IT, Customer Engagement and Open Digital —enable us to provide a platform for overcoming the barriers to an open digital world. For more information about TM Forum, visit www.tmforum.org.