Bulova Combines Elegant Fashion and Unparalleled Functionality with New Swiss Collection
BASEL, Switzerland--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Celebrating a heritage of excellence in design and technology, Bulova’s premier Swiss-made line is reborn as Bulova Accu•Swiss. Designed at Bulova’s New York headquarters’ design studio and engineered in Switzerland, Bulova Accu•Swiss offers a contemporary expression of timekeeping excellence. A fully-integrated marketing campaign, including advertising, social media, public relations programming and in store merchandising, will support the launch in 2014.
“In keeping with our ongoing dedication to technological superiority and cutting edge style, the new Bulova Accu•Swiss collections feature the finest Swiss automatic, mechanical and quartz movements,” said Gregory Thumm, Bulova Corporation President. “Each timepiece in the line offers a refined and classic design and reflects the exceptional craftsmanship of a true Swiss-made brand.”
The Bulova Accu•Swiss collections feature sophisticated designs and heritage elements, including a reinterpretation of the brand’s original marquis bracelet from the 1960’s and proprietary caseback screws, textured leather straps, stainless steel cases, and individually handset diamonds. Each timepiece is an individual work of art, constructed with stylish side views to enhance the overall design elegance. The line, offering both men’s and women’s styles, is ideal for the fashion-forward consumer looking for a tasteful timepiece with an established Swiss pedigree.
The Bulova Accu•Swiss line will feature five new collections, including three special editions and one limited edition along with five previous collections from the former Bulova Accutron brand. The new collections within the Accu•Swiss line includes:
- Murren Collection: Offering modern reinterpretations of mid-twentieth century styling, the Murren Collection showcases Bulova’s signature marquis bracelet design and domed dials with vintage motifs. Crystal construction brings hand assembly as close to the crystal as possible, a feature more commonly found at the highest price points. An ergonomically designed caseback with sharp bevel minimizes wrist contact to enhance overall comfort.
- Tellaro Collection: Providing classic styling with a sporty twist, the Tellaro Collection timepieces feature sculpted, multi-height, multi-link bracelets with brushed and polished finishes to provide subtle tonal variation and visual complexity. In addition to the Swiss automatic movements, this collection includes a style with a special edition GMT movement, world-time model inspired by Bulova’s historic ties to aviation history and the military.
- Telc Collection: Inspired by 1960s and ’70s styling, the Telc Collection timepieces feature a faceted case which subtly echoes the Bulova tuning fork shape. This collection marries style and comfort with its double-curve sapphire box crystal, anti-reflective coating and an ergonomically engineered curved caseback. In addition to Swiss automatic movements, this collection includes a special edition GMT, fly-back chronograph model that includes a custom-movement from Dubois Depraz.
- Bellecombe Collection: Featuring Swiss quartz movements, this elegant collection offers a modern blend of luxury and simplicity. Styles feature subtle clusters of hand-set diamonds around the crown décor and are available with the signature marquis bracelet and lambskin or crocodile-embossed leather straps. Launching with smaller 31mm cases, this collection offers a classically feminine profile.
- Percheron Collection: Crafted of stainless steel or titanium, this collection offers inventive, masculine styles with intricate construction. With Swiss automatic movements, these timepieces are available with either fine leather or sporty silicone straps and offer sapphire glass with over five layers of anti-reflective coating. This collection includes two styles with titanium logo dials celebrating Bulova’s role as Official Timekeeper of Manchester United. The highlight of the collection includes a special edition in 999.9 24-karat gold, complete with unique presentation case.
- Limited Edition Type A-15: Bulova is proud to introduce a modern reinterpretation of this timepiece, originally commissioned by the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II. The A-15 watch features Swiss automatic movements, a double-rim accumulator dial that measures elapsed time in hours and minutes, and a stitched leather strap. With only 500 pieces produced, all A-15 watches are numbered and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, special packaging and a commemorative brochure.
Previous collections from the original Bulova Accutron line to be categorized under the Accu•Swiss line include:
- Calibrator Collection: Featuring Swiss automatic movements and the proprietary External Fine Adjustment System (EFAS), the Bulova Accu•Swiss Calibrator is the world’s first automatic timepiece that permits wearers to fine-tune its accuracy to more than 99% without need for a technician.
- Gemini Collection: Featuring the finest traditional Swiss timekeeping technology, the Gemini Collection includes automatics, automatic chronographs and manual-wind mechanicals. The spring 2014 additions to the mechanical Unitas group add classic, military styling with superluminous numerals and hands, as well as stitched leather straps with stud details.
- Kirkwood Collection: Fully skeletonized or open-aperture dials make Swiss automatic technology an integral design element. Spring 2014 additions will combine chronograph functionality with complex skeleton dials to offer elegance with an edge.
- Masella Collection: An impeccable blend of classic tailoring and contemporary sport diamond style, this elegant collection features Swiss quartz movements and diamond accents individually hand-set for maximum brilliance.
- Mirador Collection: Offering polished contemporary luxury with a sporty edge, this collection features Swiss quartz movements and is comprised of a dramatic mix of ceramics and stainless steel with diamonds and mother-of-pearl.
The Bulova Accu•Swiss collection, priced at SRP $950-$3,900, will be available at select retailers beginning in May 2014. Pricing information for the special edition gold piece available upon request. Find more information about Bulova Accu•Swiss at www.bulovaaccuswiss.com.
Founded in 1875, Bulova remains one of the world’s most recognized brands, reaching a wide range of consumers with its Bulova, Bulova Accu•Swiss, Caravelle New York and licensed Harley-Davidson® Timepieces by Bulova watches, Frank Lloyd Wright Collection® watches and clocks, and the award-winning Bulova Clocks. An independent subsidiary of Citizen Watch Company, Ltd. of Japan, Bulova is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Canada, China, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Continuing to maintain its position at the forefront of the timekeeping industry, Bulova is committed to upholding an extraordinary legacy of excellence in design, style and technology as it expands to meet the needs of a diverse global audience.