DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4qc68c/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Luxembourg, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
Luxembourg has one of the most comprehensive healthcare systems in the world. It offers virtually unrestricted access to its population. Luxembourg is also ranked amongst the leading ten countries in the world, in terms of per capita healthcare expenditure. Government-funded free basic healthcare is provided to every citizen. The total health spending, as a percentage of GDP (gross domestic product), was about 7.8% in 2012.
The Caisse Nationale de Santé (National Health Fund) collects funds for the 97.0% of the population that, as of 2012, was covered by public health insurance in 2012. However, private health insurance services act as a supplement to state health insurance. Private insurance is mainly for medical expenses outside Luxembourg, as well as dental and optical care, which are not covered by the state health insurance.
Pressure on government finances and increasing awareness of health insurance due to rising life expectancy will continue to support the demand for personal accident and health insurance products over the forecast period (2012-2017).
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Luxembourg personal accident and health insurance segment, including
- The healthcare system in Luxembourg is one of the most developed in Europe. Compulsory government-funded free basic healthcare is provided to citizens.
- Around 97.0% of the population was covered by the public health insurance in 2012.
- Health insurance was the dominant category in the personal accident and health segment during the review period, accounting for 61.9% of the total written premium value in 2012.
- The share of the commission earned by brokers increased steadily from 66.6% in 2008 to 67.5% in 2012.
- In Luxembourg, the personal accident and health segment is highly concentrated, with the 10 leading companies representing 98.1% of the segment's gross written premium in 2012.
Key Topics Covered:
Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
Analysis by Distribution Channels
Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
Governance, Risk and Compliance
Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
Business Environment and Country Risk
List of Tables
List of Figures
- AIG Europe Ltd
- Arisa Assurances
- Axa Assurances Luxembourg
- DKV Luxembourg
- Foyer Assurances
- Foyer Santé
- La Luxembourgeoise
- P&V Assurances
- Swiss Re International
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4qc68c/personal_accident
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Source: Research and Markets