DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cn7ltk/travel_and) has announced the addition of the "Travel and Tourism in Ireland to 2017" report to their offering.
Overall tourist volumes decreased in Ireland during the review period (2008-2012), due to the declining disposable income of consumers. Inbound tourist volumes expanded at a CAGR of 4.45% during the review period, and is expected to increase over the forecast period (2013-2017) at a CAGR of 8.86%, supported by government initiatives to promote tourism across the European region.
- Fáilte Ireland is extensively promoting overseas to attract more tourists by organizing cultural events such as the Gathering and Derry/Londonderry UK City of Culture.
- In July 2013, London and Dublin have planned to extend the Common Travel Area, which currently allowing unhampered travel for the citizens of both countries by creating a mini-Schengen area that enables tourists and business travelers from rapidly growing Asian economies, to undertake travels with the help of common visas between the two islands.
- In January 2013, Ryanair planned to launch operations in North Africa including Libya. Canadian airline WestJet is expected to enter the transatlantic market with a new service to Ireland during 2014.
- Since 2008, the highest demand for car rentals was generally between July and September in Ireland. Due to oversupply, there was a decrease of 13.87% in the fleet size in 2012.
- Package holidays are preferred by consumers as travel agents often cut prices by up to half. Low prices, coupled with the security and convenience of a package holiday, are drawing in customers.
- Historical values for the Irish tourism sector for 2008-2012, along with forecast figures for 2013-2017
- Comprehensive analysis of travel and tourism demand factors, with values for both the 2008-2012 review period and the 2013-2017 forecast period
- Detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in Ireland.
- Comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries, with values for both the 2008-2012 review period and the 2013-2017 forecast period
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Overview
3 Tourism Flows
6 Car Rental
7 Travel Intermediaries
8 Tourism Board Profile
9 Airport Profiles
10 Company Profiles - Airlines
11 Company Profiles - Hotels
12 Company Profiles - Car Rental
13 Company Profiles - Travel Intermediaries
14 Market Data Analysis
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cn7ltk/travel_and
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.
Source: Research and Markets