DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/28qr37/consumer_trends) has announced the addition of Canadean Ltd's new report "Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the UK Ready Meals Market" to their offering.
This report provides an overview of the UK ready meal market, combining market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category and the key consumer need states driving consumption. The report highlights best practice new product development for effectively targeting the most pertinent consumer need states and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer need states.
Key Features and Benefits
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the UK market are also identified. The figures showcase the volume of ready meal consumption attributed to specific age groups and gender, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups over consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of volume sales than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over the period 2007-2017 for the UK and nine other countries across the globe. The UK figures are also broken down into segment level to cover volume growth of ambient ready meals, chilled ready meals, dried ready meals and frozen ready meals over the ten year period.
- The report quantifies the degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on ready meal consumption occasions, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- The report provides insight to highlight the so what? implications behind the data, and analysis on how the need states of consumers within the ready meal category will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
Key Market Issues
- Cooking habits are being affected by time-scarcity as consumers look to juggle their personal and professional lives and look to free up time spent in the kitchen for more enjoyable tasks.
- Consumers are shopping around more within the ready meal category because of a greater focus on value for money. This means that it is crucial that ready meals in the UK market are aligned with the most pertinent consumer need states.
- Consumers are delaying responsibilities such as parenthood and marriage till later in life and are instead engaging in hectic social lives where they look to free up time spent in the kitchen.
- Indulgence and escapism are among the main trends influencing consumption habits in the UK ready meal market. However, the non-emotive nature of the category means the trends are not as influential on ready meal consumption habits compared to other grocery categories.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/28qr37/consumer_trends
Source: Canadean Ltd
Source: Research and Markets