GOTHENBURG, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SKF (STO:SKFA) (STO:SKFB) (LSE:SKFB) (NQB:SKFR) announces that the factory for medium size bearing in Dalian, China was awarded the coveted LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification. With this certification, the Dalian factory is the first SKF LEED gold project in China and the fourth SKF facility across the globe to attain a LEED certification.
“For many years, SKF has a focus on finding ways to reduce our impact on the environment. We made the decision a number of years ago that all our new facilities should be build to the LEED standard. In addition, we launched our aggressive new climate targets last year,” said Tom Johnstone, SKF President and CEO. “I am delighted that our Dalian factory has achieved Gold status, which will ensure we minimize the local environmental impacts as much as possible, as well as help us to achieve our global targets.”
The features that enabled the facility to achieve the LEED Gold certification:
- Energy efficiency: The factory has nearly 21% better energy efficiency compared to US building standards
- - Renewable Energy Use – Solar energy is used for hot water heating
- - CO2 Sensor- To ensure the fresh air rate and reduce the energy use
- - High Reflection Roof – To reduce the heat island effect - Water reduction: Uses 40% less water compared to normal building standards
- Large open area with local vegetation – To provide habit and promote biodiversity and also help reduce irrigation water use
Aktiebolaget SKF (publ)
SKF is a leading global supplier of bearings (http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/products?contentId=876709&lang=en), seals (http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/products?contentId=238358&lang=en), mechatronics (http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/products?contentId=447144&lang=en), lubrication systems (http://www.skf.com/portal/skf_lub?lang=en), and services (http://www.skf.com/portal/skf_lub/home/services?contentId=867934&lang=en) which include technical support, maintenance and reliability services, engineering consulting and training. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 15,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in 2012 were SEK 64,575 million and the number of employees was 46,775. www.skf.com
® SKF is a registered trademark of the SKF Group. ™ BeyondZero is a trademark of the SKF Group.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com